An evil warlock, a talking wolf, friendly animals, and other mysterious creatures help you to discover the strange world of Russian Folklore!
Choose which road your hero follows. Then deal with the consequences.
Encounter your hero's friends, foes and other strange creatures.
Get to know popular characters from Russian fairytales and folklore.
Be Immersed in a universe full of magic, mystery and riddles.
The events and the ending of the story depend on your choices, so read and choose carefully!
Marya Morevna, Vasilisa the Beautiful, shape-shifting wizards, and of course, everyone's favourite friend and foe, Baba Yaga.
Instead of the usual brave Prince Ivan, you are playing for Alena, a little girl who has lost her brother and must search for him in the deep, dark forest.
The story is accompanied by the work of a Russian composer, Modest Musorgsky, and was inspired by Russian artists, Ivan Bilibin and Viktor Vasnetsov.
Koschei The Deathless is an interactive story created by Inga Pflaumer. It started as an experiment, and grew into a passion project. It took 8 months to develop this story from an idea, to a working mobile application. The story, art and code were all developed by the same person.
Contact Inga Pflaumer on:
I don't really recall when I decided that I need to make a computer game. The first thought got into my head about 10 years ago. I've already left two careers behind me at that time (music and journalism), and was doing some content management work. Read more
90% of people who hear about my idea to develop a game alone, ask me this question. The other 10% probably wanted to ask it anyway. The question is: "Why?" Seriously, why would a person develop a game alone, if most of their friends are developers, IT engineers or designers. Read more
From the beginning, I knew that I don't want to put any money into this project. I was going to spend time and effort on it, as much as I can; but not money. This way if the project failed - at the very least, I won't be sorry about losing financially (being sorry about losing my confidence and self-respect would be enough).Read more
Being a writer, I tried myself at different genres - chick-lit, fantasy, sci-fi, but fairy tales weren't really my thing. I kind of blame Year Walk for me turning to fairy tales. This game showed me that foreign folklore can be interesting for English speaking audience, especially if it has memorable atmosphere and characters. Read more